Visiting Denver - What to See and Do
(Denver International Airport DEN, Colorado - CO, USA)
Between the magnificent Rocky Mountains and the Great Plains sits the city of Denver, Colorado.
A thriving metropolis brimming with commerce and a thriving artistic scene, Denver is also one of the most scenic capital cities in the country, with unique historical appeal as well as modern architecture and over 200 city parks.
Ten things you must do in Denver
- Dine and relax amid the historical ambiance of Larimer Square, the city's birthplace and now one of its most thriving shopping, dining and nightlife spots.
- See money being made at the US Mint, one of only two in the country where visitors can see how coins are produced.
- Climb the 93 steps of the State Capitol building to reach the top of its stunning 24-carat gold plated dome which looks out on a stunning view of the Rocky Mountains.
- Enjoy thrills and excitement at the Six Flags Elitch Gardens Theme Park, a state-of-the-art theme park that is over 100 years old and has entertainment options suitable for the whole family.
- Rent a paddleboat in City Park, one of the city's best parks which boasts a magnificent view of the Rockies that can be enjoyed while floating on the lake.
- Visit the beautiful Victorian home of the 'unsinkable Molly Brown', who has been immortalized in film and popular culture for her heroic efforts to save immigrant women during the sinking of the Titanic.
- Get outdoors and take one of several tours available of the Rocky Mountains and surrounding areas.
- Admire Native American art at the Denver Art Museum, which is home to one of the USA's best collections showcasing historic pieces from Asia and Africa as well as modern European and American works.
- See how over 4,000 animals live at the Denver Zoo, a unique facility known for its conservation efforts and attempts to recreate the natural habitats of its resident animals.
- Enjoy jazz and blues music as well as Caribbean food at Five Points, where five historic black neighborhoods meet.